The Ship's Photographer is currently looking for both experienced Photography Managers and Portrait Photographers to work as part of our photo teams on board P&O Cruises and Cunard cruise lines.
Our ships offer travel experiences all around the world in a fun, fast paced, five star photographic environment, working with like-minded professionals.
Working on board a cruise ship is unlike any career ashore. Working as an on board photographer is more than just a job – it’s a lifestyle. For many people it is a great experience working with a diverse team in exotic locations and earning a rewarding salary. It’s hard work, but also great fun!
Manager - Photography: We are looking for portrait photographers with a proven proficiency in managing or supervising small teams. You should consider yourself dynamic, driven and be able to push photographic creativity within a commercial holiday environment. You will demonstrate a strong commercial awareness to drive sales and customer service to meet targets and have experience of building high performing teams.
You will be working with a team of between 5 and 15 photographers, specialising in event, portrait and wedding photography. The environment is five stars, so you should have an eye for detail and always consider the impact you have on a guest’s enjoyment of their holiday in every aspect of your role. You should be an outgoing person, who enjoys talking to others, with a personality that matches your ambition to provide the best possible customer service.
Your primary driver will be to lead, inspire and motivate your team to deliver the best customer experience on board, while maximising revenue opportunities.
Working on a major cruise brand, you will be travelling the globe. This job is a unique way to experience many different destinations, with your travel and most on-board living expenses included.
- You must have an excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written). You should have a working knowledge of Word, Excel business software and a strong technical knowledge of photography equipment and software such as Photoshop and Lightroom.
- You will be responsible for departmental accounting and reporting, so will need budget, revenue and inventory awareness.
Salary & Benefits
- Basic Salary £1,400 p/m tax free
- Bonuses and commission schemes
- Excursions at destinations included
- Travel to and from ship paid for
- All equipment and uniform provided
- On-board food and accommodation included
Please note employees are required to be at least 21 years old, possess a current unrestricted passport (valid for at least a year). You must have a clean police record as you will need to apply for a US Visa if successful with your application. All crew members are required to successfully clear an ENG1 or equivalent medical before commencing on-board.
Photographer: Working as part of the photography team, you should be proactive, customer focused and always striving to improve. Duties include capturing and retailing professional quality images and associated products to enhance the holiday experience of our cruise passengers, while maximizing photo revenue opportunities.
- Diploma, A Level, HND, professional accreditation, BA(Hons), BSc(Hons) or equivalent in Photography
- A good understanding of DSLR's is desirable
- Proven track record in a retail/sales environment
- And / Or 1 year of industry experience
- Fit & Healthy (emergency duty responsibilities)
- Fluent in English (knowledge of German desirable)
- If selected for an interview, this will take place via Skype
Salary & Benefits
- Photographer competitive rate, plus commission
- Free meals and accommodation
- (Photographer - twin en-suite shared)
- International travel
- Develop skills in Wedding, Portrait and Activity Photography
- Develop skills in video, DVD editing and mini-lab printing
- Potential for fast track progression
- Use of passenger & crew facilities
- Crew discount for on board purchases
- Gain professional photography accreditation
Please note employees are required to possess a current unrestricted passport (valid for at least a year). You must have a clean police record as you will need to apply for a US Visa if successful with your application. All crew members are required to successfully clear an ENG1 or equivalent medical before commencing on-board.